Physics Programmer (M/NB/W) - THE CREW MOTORFEST
- Full time
- Lyon, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
3 days ago
- This ad is disabled, so it is no longer possible to apply.
The Physics Programmer is responsible for developing and maintaining functionalities linked to the physical component of a multi-platform real-time vehicle game.
- Ensure the maintenance and development of existing technologies concerning:
- Simulation of various types of vehicles
- Simulation of interactive physical elements
- Improvement of production tools for physical elements and collisions.
- Diagnose and solve problems to improve engine robustness.
- Help designers and artists integration and iterate with designers to able them to tweak vehicles.
- Investigate physics behaviors that don't fit the intentions of the user.
- Help game programmers to integrate their feature which can use or have impact on physics.
- Optimize game code in a real-time, multi threaded and multiplayer online environment.
- Integrate functionalities from middleware to improve quality.
- Add and improve documentation :
- On parameter tweaking for users,
- On feature development for programmers.
- Program in a clear and structured way, respecting performance, maintenance, compatibility, and portability requirements.
- Review the code of other programmers.
- Work and communicate with multi-disciplinary teams across different studios in the whole project and support them on physical technical issues.
Knowledege maintenance :
- Monitor technological developments and test new solutions.
- Technology watch on Anvil pipeline and modules.
- Communicate with other Ivory teams on project's advancements.