Junior Physics Game Tools Programmer
- Full time
- Edimbourg - Edimbourg, Royaume-Uni
221 days ago
- Echo Jobs
- This ad is disabled, so it is no longer possible to apply.
Rockstar North is seeking a talented & enthusiastic Junior Physics Game Tools Programmer to join our team to work on the development of physics tools in order to streamline the creation of physics-based game entities and innovate on physics based gameplay mechanics.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge physics systems and empower content creators to use them in creative and novel ways.
We want to hear from candidates who can understand physics simulation technology and cooperate with other departments to make it shine.
- Create user-friendly tools and workflows for authoring, tuning and testing in-game physics entities.
- Complete tasks to specification defined by the Lead Programmer.
- Problem solve and fix physics asset pipeline issues.
- Work with artists to help them optimize physics assets.
- Assist other departments such as Art, Tools and Gameplay to solve physics asset problems.
Profile (s) searched for
Good Physics/mathematics/computer science degree.
Fluency in C/C++ and object-oriented programming.
Outstanding Maths skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, matrix/quaternion math).
Good knowledge of physics simulation and geometry processing.
Passionate about UI, UX, and optimising user workflows.
Ability to take direction and contribute ideas.
Good team communication skills.
Self-motivation with a positive and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
Experience with C# and the .NET Framework.
Experience with WPF and XAML.
Experience with 3D authoring software (3dsMax and/or Maya).
Familiarity with existing physics packages.
Games industry experience working on AAA titles.
Console programming experience.
Demonstrable skills via personal projects.
Cette offre concerne l'entreprise Rockstar North. En cliquant sur le bouton "postuler", vous serez redirigé vers le site web du recruteur, et pourrez candidater directement par le biais de sa propre interface de recrutement.