Web editor-in-chief (english-speaking) M/F
- Full time
- Levallois-Perret - Hauts-de-Seine, France
213 days ago
- This ad is disabled, so it is no longer possible to apply.
Millenium is the most popular and visited esports and hardcore gamers web media in France since 2002. Its core activities include, esports coverage, video games tests, news, guides, interviews and investigations. Millenium is part of Webedia, a French global digital entertainment company.
Millenium is part of the Webedia group. With more than 50 sites worldwide under their wing (AlloCiné, Purepeople, Puretrend, Jeuxvideo.com, Gamestar, 3DJuegos, 750g, Tudo Gostoso, EasyVoyage…), and some of the most influential trendsetters on social media (Cyrpien, Squeezie, Norman, Natoo, Sananas, El Rubius, Kéfera…), the group attracts more than 177 million unique visitors each month on all devices. Webedia guides its clients through the process of defining and achieving their digital marketing strategies, offering solutions to their advertising, content marketing and e-commerce needs.
You'll be in charge of the English editorial and social media team. According to the group strategy, following the guidelines of the International management, you'll launch and run the English version of www.Millenium.org.
- Setup the launch of the new website and associated social media ;
- Hire, train and manage the editors ;
- Overview the creation and running of the English social media ;
- Ensure the production/import and review of news and guides about the most popular games and esports content ;
- Stay up-to-date with relevant news and rising trends in esports and gaming ;
- Monitor the Analytics and report the results ;
- Make and run a budget ;
- Coordinate with the French editorial team ;
- Identify and create a relationship with games editors and majors gaming/esports related brands ;
- Cover Online/On-site main esports events.
Profile (s) searched for
You are a web editor expert and a gaming/esports FAN! Passion is THE key word to us, but of course, some other things are required :).
- English native speaker/writer/reader. French is optional but welcome ;
- Background as a writer or editor at a top publication is preferred, with strong preference for publications that have a focus on the gaming/esports industry ;
- Knowledge about who and what to follow, the players, the clubs, the competitions, the influencers, the game editors, the specialized press... ;
- Master of SEO best practices and google trends ;
- Organized, autonomous, creative and reliable ;
- Results driven, enthusiastic & positive, social personality and a true team-player ;
- 2y+ experience.
- Analytics 360 ;
- Photoshop ;
- Tweetdeck ;
- Perfect writing and comfortable with gaming language/humour.