- This ad is disabled, so it is no longer possible to apply.
Darewise is an upcoming independent games studio based in Paris. With a diverse team of games industry veterans, and led by the creative vision of Viktor Antonov (Valve, Bethesda) and Randy Smith (Looking Glass, EA), we have the right combination of talent, experience and dynamism to deliver the revolutionary games of tomorrow.
Darewise focuses on building large scale virtual worlds: player-driven sandbox games. We want the players to explore to their heart’s content, write their own stories and take their fate into their own hands. Using the latest technologies and the very best tools, we create what was previously thought to be impossible.
Darewise already benefits from impressive venture capital funding, and exciting partners. We're growing and only getting started.
Have you been dreaming of pushing the boundaries of online games? Do you have the talent and creativity to build state of the art games? Would you enjoy living in an iconic global city, and work with partners all around the world? Embark in a new journey and apply to Darewise Entertainment!
We are looking for talented Gameplay Programmers for an upcoming MMO game! Our game features state of the art third person controls and combat, complex AI and living world systems. As a gameplay programmer, you will bring this world to life and build every aspect of the game, working closely with our artists and designers.
We are hiring for this position at various experience levels, therefore don’t hesitate to apply!
Profile (s) searched for
What you will do:
- As part of our Gameplay team, design and implement the code needed to support the various game systems and AIs.
- Work closely with game designers and level designers in order to bring their ideas to life
- Implement algorithms and tools for designers to use when building the world
- Implement client/server algorithms such as replication, latency compensation and to achieve a smooth result in a fast-paced combat gameplay
- Ensure the performance and scalability of the game in the very unpredictable context of a MMO game.
- Participrediction pate in design and feedback gathering sessions to make sure that the player’s experience always comes first
The ideal candidate will have:
- Gameplay programming experience according to your skill level. For Junior applicants, 1+ year of professional experience or significant experience in hobby projects.
- Very strong C++ skills with excellent software architecture and low level knowledge
- Concern and sensibility for performance, memory usage and network bandwidth
- Appetite for learning and staying ahead of the curve by keeping in touch with cutting edge techniques
- Strong communication skills in english, comfortable working with non-technical people and remote teams
- Passion for making games, self-motivation, driven to creatively solve problems, interest and willingness to participate in all the aspects of game development
Also nice to have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with client/server architecture and multiplayer games
- Cross-platform experience: PC, Linux, Consoles…
- Personal interest in MMO games and virtual worlds
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and profit sharing opportunities (stock options, bonuses...)
- Unlimited paid holiday and flexible working hours
- Relocation package including EU working visa assistance if necessary
- Benefits package including private health insurance, pension and public transport
- Unlimited budget for your workspace hardware, software and tools
- Monthly free games to be up to date with all the latest release
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches
- Working within a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed
- Living in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world
Darewise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.